Wednesday 11 May, 11am – 2pm.
Heart of The Campus, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate Crescent, S10 2BP.
As part of Dying Matters Awareness week (9-15 May 2016), the Sheffield Hallam Palliative and End of Life Care Interest Group, in partnership with St Luke’s, will be hosting a range of events to have ‘The Big Conversation’ and encourage people to think about and talk more openly about death, dying and bereavement.
We will be hosting a Death Café on Wednesday 11 May, 11am – 2pm at the Heart of the Campus, Sheffield Hallam University, Collegiate Crescent that will provide stimulating conversation, inspiring activities and the opportunity to meet people from a variety of relevant charities, campaigns and organisations.
Activities will include:
- An interactive play about end of life conversations
- Memory boxes
- Open discussion using FINK cards
- Tree of wishes
- Hello My Name Is campaign
- Writing your Will
- Discussing funeral options
- Organ donation
- Complimentary therapies
- and of course, tea and cake!
Last year’s Death Café was very successful and this year we will also be holding virtual cafes focusing on different topics each day that relate to conversations about end of life care, including:
- Monday 9 May – Create your ‘bucket list’
- Tuesday 10 May – Advance Care Planning
- Wednesday 11 May – Death Café
- Thursday 12 May – Digital legacy
- Friday 13 May – Final word Friday
Entry to the Death Café is free. So join us for collaborative conversation, contemplation…and cake!
For more information about the event contact Julie Skilbeck: 0114 225 2203 / [email protected]