Our Crystal Peaks shop will be open 9:30am - 4:30pm on Monday 27th June, Tuesday 28th June, Friday 1st July & Saturday 2nd July for this week only.
Patient visiting at the hospice is by appointment only, please call 0114 236 9911.
Regular Giving 2021 web banner

Set up a monthly donation
To help us be there for future generations

We’re there to support patients and their families across the city at a time when a terminal diagnosis has turned their life upside down. After hearing those words, there’s nothing anyone can say or do to make things feel right again, but our teams work incredibly hard to bring as much comfort and support to people who are on that journey. It’s something we feel passionately about and something we’re determined to keep doing for future generations of Sheffield families.

The last year has reminded us all too well how vital support from our community is. Each year, just 30% of our running costs are covered by NHS funding, meaning that we rely on the support of our community to help us raise the remaining 70% needed.

When the coronavirus pandemic struck, in an instant, we saw our fundraising events cancelled and charity shops closed for months on end, all leading to a drastic fall in funds resulting in us having to use our financial reserves for the first time in many years. Whilst we’re hopeful that normality will return soon, we’re set to feel the impact from the pandemic for several years to come as we urgently rebuild our income and reserves to protect the future of St Luke’s, for Sheffield.

Our challenge now, with your help, is to rebuild our long term, sustainable income.

We are asking you, our supporters, to help us continue with our recovery by setting up a monthly donation to help support our future and keep our specialist palliative care service here for our city, for years to come.

What your monthly donation could support

A good meal
£6 a month could contribute to nutritionally balanced food packages that are prepared and delivered to patients at home who are unable to cook for themselves.

Home comfort
£12 a month could go towards our community nurses delivering vital care and pain relief to patients when needed, in the comfort of their own homes. 

24 hour care
£18 a month could contribute to the ongoing cost of providing our 24hr specialist palliative care for up to 20 patients at a time on our In Patient Centre.

Will you give what you can? Please help St Luke's to keep on caring.

Set up a monthly donation


Vickki's husband Tim received support from St Luke's after being diagnosed with incurable prostate cancer in 2014.

“I didn’t understand the work that was done in the community and it really opened up my eyes to the amazing work that St Luke’s do. I didn't realise how important St Luke's was until I was in that situation myself. The relief that someone else was there meant everything to me."

"I donate each month because to me, it’s the best local charity you could support. I would do anything I can to allow other people to have what Tim and I had, at a time when I don’t know what we would have done without them." 
- Vickki
Vickki & Tim

Vickki & Tim's story

St Luke's was there to lift a weight off me
and I knew I wasn't on my own anymore

We support patients and families from all over Sheffield, both at home and on our In Patient Centre.

“Every family in our situation needs St Luke’s palliative care team. I cannot bear to think of any family going through it without St Luke’s. Their practical, emotional and medical help reassured us all that we would not have to be separated again from Mum and she would not pass away without us by her side. In 2020, that was such a blessing.” Patient's relative, 2020
Set up a monthly donation
Thank you