What is Gift Aid?
Gift Aid revenue is an absolutely vital source of income for us. We need to raise over £9 million in voluntary income this year, through our lottery and charity shops, through donations, events and legacies.
If you are a UK taxpayer and sign up for Gift Aid, we can claim an extra 25% of your eligible monetary donations from HMRC, including future donations and any donations made in the past 4 years. You can sign up quickly by completing the form below or download a copy and return it to us.
Signing up is quick and easy, and you only need to do it once.
Sign up to Gift Aid
Gift Aid Eligibility
Please notify us if you:
You wish St Luke’s to claim tax on all donations you make in the future or have made in the past 4 years
- You are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income Tax/Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay any difference
- Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer
- Your details will be shared with HMRC in order to enable us to make a Gift Aid claim.
- Want to cancel this declaration
- Change your name or home address
- No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains
Higher rate tax payers
Higher rate tax payers are entitled to claim the difference between the top rate of tax they pay, and the basic rate on the total value of the donation. Individuals can claim the additional tax relief through their self-assessment tax return or by asking HMRC to amend their tax code.
Example for higher rate tax payer: You donate £100 to St Luke's – St Luke's claim Gift Aid to make your donation £125. You pay 40% tax so you can personally claim back £25.00 (£125 x 20%).
Gift Aid your donated items
If you have donated items to our shops and would like to sign up to retail gift aid, please click here for more information.