Here at St Luke's, we are committed to our work around Equality & Diversity and we want our online content to be accessible for all.
With this in mind, we have added the Recite Me web accessibility and language toolbar to our website to make it accessible and inclusive for as many people as possible.
The Recite Me toolbar means that users are able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels, font type, size and colour
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Have the text on our website read out loud by a screen reader (including PDFs)
- Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you
- Translate text into more than 100 languages
- Use the screen mask and ruler features to break down content into manageable chunks
- Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus
Why is this important?
Recite Me's web accessibility and language toolbar is an innovative cloud-based software that lets visitors to our website view and use it in the way that works best for them.
It helps the one in five people in the UK have a disability, including those with common conditions like sight loss and dyslexia, to access this website in the way that suits them best.
It also meets the needs of the one in ten people in the UK who don’t speak English as their first language, by being able to translate our web content into over 100 different languages.
We want to remove any barriers for the people of Sheffield accessing our care so Recite Me helps people to access our website to do the things they need to do.
How do I access the Recite Me toolbar?
You can open the Recite Me language and accessibility toolbar by clicking on the 'Accessibility tools' button at the top of our webpages.
This button now appears in the header on every page of our website.
If you are visiting on mobile, please tap the menu button at the top of the page and then tap the pink 'Accessibility tools' button at the bottom.
After you click the button, the Recite Me toolbar opens and displays a range of different options for customising how the website looks and how you can access the content.
You can find out more about how Recite Me works from the Recite Me user guide.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page, or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please email [email protected]