If you are a small organisation or have little staff turnover, and are entitled to submit applications to the Disclosure & Barring Service, it can be daunting and costly to register with the DBS, keep up to date with the latest requirements and ensure security. At St Luke’s we have many years of experience to help you obtain criminal records checks quickly and with the minimum of fuss - so why not let us do the work for you?
You may already be using an alternate umbrella body facility as there are many around, but most are private, profit making companies. At St Luke’s we are a registered charity and by providing a DBS umbrella service to other organisations we generate a modest, but important income stream which contributes to the vital palliative care service we provide across the city of Sheffield.
As a health care employer we know how crucial it is to get DBS checks done quickly and efficiently. We provide a fast, professional and efficient DBS umbrella service to all sectors of business, for example; schools/education, care homes, hospitals, consultants, trades, IT, legal and finance profession, volunteers and entertainers. We offer the following services at highly competitive rates:
As part of our confidential service, we will:
- Supply you with disclosure application forms and provide detailed, easy-to-follow guidance notes to help you complete accurate applications.
- Thoroughly check each application to reduce delays and provide quality assurance checks.
- Countersign applications to confirm that the organisation has an entitlement to access criminal record information.
- Post applications to the DBS within 48 working hours of receipt of payment (Monday to Friday).
- Offer you expert advice and training on all aspects of DBS policy and procedure including identity verification.
- Keep up to date with the enhancements to services offered by the DBS.
- Undertake route 2 identity verification procedures for you as and when required.
- Keep you informed of any changes required by the DBS in relation to undertaking checks.
- Comply with the DBS’s code of practice.
For more information about our service and to ensure that your organisation’s DBS Umbrella Service fees are directly paid to a Sheffield Charity which serves the local community please email Joy Wigfield or call 0114 235 7542.