Meet our volunteer development team
Volunteer Development Manager
Joy joined the St Luke's HR team in 2009 and soon took responsibility for the recruitment, training and development of volunteers. She takes a strategic overview of volunteering and collaborates with other hospices to develop policies and best ways of working. She regularly visits schools, colleges, recruitment fairs and the Job Centre to promote our roles and meets as many prospective volunteers as possible to share how volunteering can have a mutual benefit.
Fran joined St Luke's as a Deputy Shop Manager then progressed to a Shop Manager, where she trained, developed and built relationships with a fabulous team of volunteers. Fran became Volunteer Coordinator in July 2017, and now provides guidance and support to her colleagues in retail with recruiting, training and communicating with volunteers. She also attends recruitment fairs, sets up work placements and links with other local organisations to improve the growth of our volunteering teams.
Community Fundraising Assistant
Zoe joined the fundraising team at St Luke’s in November 2017 where she undertook the role of driving volunteer recruitment for our St Luke’s fundraising events such as Festival of Light, Celebration of Life and Night Strider. Zoe also manages our collections and fundraising activities and works to develop our volunteer network through sharing one off volunteering opportunities to our supporters in the community.
Our Volunteer Development Team is always busy supporting our own volunteers, others in the community and similar charities. Here's a taster of what we're currently working on:
- Our initial planning meeting around developing 'Volunteer Champions' within different departments in St Luke's received a positive response
- Developing training around sharing best practice for Welcome & House Volunteers at Clifford House
- Training St Luke's staff (managers and Volunteer Champions) on volunteer engagement
- Planning our volunteer long service event, which will be celebrated later in the year - more details to follow
- Joining our Crystal Peaks team when their shop re-opens on Wednesday 13 February
- Students from Meadowhead School are starting on placements at our Woodseats and Crookes/eBay shops
- Longley Park Students are starting placements at our Hillsborough and Firth Park shops
- Supporting other charities in Sheffield with interviews and sharing best practice around volunteer engagement.
Upcoming recruitment fairs and events
Below you can find upcoming events where you can meet us and ask any of your questions about volunteering with St Luke's.
- Tuesday 5 March 10.00am-4.00pm: VAS Recruitment Fair at the Sheffield Town Hall