Couch to 5k
Always fancied trying running? Returning to exercise after a break?
Running is a fantastic way to get fit and get outdoors to make the most of our beautiful Sheffield countryside & parks. Even better it’s probably the cheapest exercise out there – All you need is a pair of trainers which you can lace up any time you have a spare half an hour.
Join our Couch to 5K group
Free apps are great, but we can go one better and offer you the chance to be part of a special St Luke’s Couch to 5K group with dedicated support from a Run Leader. As part of the group you’ll benefit from camaraderie, shared experience, shared support, shared goals and shared commitment, all of which are known to increase your likelihood of success.
- Group run sessions will be on Thursday mornings at 9.30am in Millhouses Park starting on19 April and running until 12 July
- The group will complete a 5K ParkRun on 7th July. We’ll all run it together, as a group, and finish together
- There is a £5 registration fee and we ask that you set a £50 sponsorship target, and commit to the full 12 week programme
Each member of our Couch to 5K group will receive
- Personalised support from Run Leader, Lianna Bell, taking into consideration your other commitments, strengths and weaknesses
- A St Luke’s technical running vest
- Tips, advice and fundraising materials
For more information, please email the Community Fundraising team or call 0114 235 7553.